A great list of top 50 argumentative essay topics that are grouped by subject.
- 1 50 Most Popular Argumentative Essay Topics
An argumentative essay is a type of essay which involves a set of completely developed arguments to support a thesis statement that takes a solid stance on a specific issue. Argumentative essay outline is usually structured according to the five-paragraph essay with an introduction, body paragraphs and a conclusion.
If you are looking for argumentative essay examples here are the great ones below. Feel free to use them while writing your own argumentative essay.
50 Most Popular Argumentative Essay Topics
- Genetic research; is it complicating or simplifying the lives of humans?
- Where do science and religion conquer and is there a middle ground?
- Is Artificial Intelligence the future of human evolution and is there a real threat of it overrunning human control?
- Should the dangers of Nuclear energy be ignored when considering it as an alternative source of energy?
- Does science fully explain nature and its constant evolution?
HEALTH AND NUTRITION
- Should traditional and alternative medicine be considered above conventional approaches?
- Are stimulants and supplements supposed to be self-prescribed without oversight by medical professionals?
- Does vegetarianism guarantee good health and nutrition?
- Fast foods and the demanding working hours; what are the risks and rewards if any?
- Protein as a body building unit; how much of it should be consumed in a day?
- What is more effective: yoga or fasting?
CAREER AND JOB INDUSTRY
- Professionalism at the workplace; should there be a dress code?
- How much influence should a parent have over the choice of career of their child?
- Evaluating the working hours; what is the threshold hours a person can maintain productivity in a day?
- Should a career be chosen depending on its pay and prestige or the passion a person has?
- Is a university degree a fundamental determinant of success?
- Does grading in the academic sphere spur competitiveness and aggressive performance?
- Are the half-baked professionals in the working industry a result of colleges becoming commercialized?
- Should plagiarism attract penalties and harsh consequences to cultivate creativity in students?
- Does personality determine the image of a person?
- Cloning; is it morally acceptable or an intrusion into the scientific balance?
- Is religion the answer to moral decay in society?
- Abortion; does it count as murder?
- Is animal testing a savage act or a necessity in science?
- Should atheism be recognized as a religion?
- Should prayers become an integral part of the educational process?
- Does death signify the end of human life or is there eternal life after the death?
- Does late parenthood signify disinterest in the value of family?
- Is a rude child a result of failed parenting?
- Does pampering of a child directly impact their ability to be aggressive in standing up for themselves?
- Nurturing talent; are parents supposed to be aggressive in shaping the talent of their children?
- Is there a proper way to discipline a child?
- Prosecution in a foreign country; should it be encouraged as a form of guaranteeing accountability on the part of foreigners?
- Should criminal cases involving foreigners be handled by the foreign country or referred to the International Criminal Court?
- Should smoking be banned?
- Broadcasting of court proceedings and its effect on public opinion; should it be encouraged anyway?
- Capital punishment; should it count as the standard level of justice?
- Terrorism; are the superpowers doing enough to combat it?
- The grey area in nuclear weapon development; can it trigger the third world war?
- Should Iraq and Somalia be classified as rogue failed states?
- Is there middle ground for Israel and Palestine?
- Can Pacifism be regarded as the way to peace or is it a fantasy?
SOCIAL MEDIA & THE INTERNET
- Should parents regulate social media activity for their children?
- Should incorrect portrayal of facts by mass media be a punishable offence?
- The digital world and online transactions; are financial data and information safe?
- Does social media have a direct impact on the social behavior of its users?
- Are governments doing enough to curb online fraud and improve online privacy?
- Should politics be considered a professional career?
- Courts decisions and laws; does the government have an influence?
- Should democracy be considered the only way to govern?