50 Most Popular Argumentative Essay TopicsUpdated: Jan 25, 2017
Here is a list of 50 most popular argumentative essay topics. Feel free to use them while writing your own one. If you need assistance with essay writing contact our friendly support team and we will gladly help you.
What Is an Argumentative Essay?
An argumentative essay is a type of essay which involves a set of completely developed arguments to support a thesis statement that takes a solid stance on a specific issue. Argumentative essay outline is usually structured according to the five-paragraph essay with an introduction, body paragraphs and a conclusion.
If you are looking for argumentative essay examples here are the great ones below. Feel free to use them while writing your own argumentative essay.
50 Most Popular Argumentative Essay Topics
- Genetic research; is it complicating or simplifying the lives of humans?
- Where do science and religion conquer and is there a middle ground?
- Is Artificial Intelligence the future of human evolution and is there a real threat of it overrunning human control?
- Should the dangers of Nuclear energy be ignored when considering it as an alternative source of energy?
- Does science fully explain nature and its constant evolution?
HEALTH AND NUTRITION
- Should traditional and alternative medicine be considered above conventional approaches?
- Are stimulants and supplements supposed to be self prescribed without oversight by medical professionals?
- Does vegetarianism guarantee good health and nutrition?
- Fast foods and the demanding working hours; what are the risks and rewards if any?
- Protein as a body building unit; how much of it should be consumed in a day?
- What is more effective: yoga or fasting?
CAREER AND JOB INDUSTRY
- Professionalism at the workplace; should there be a dress code?
- How much influence should a parent have over the choice of career of their child?
- Evaluating the working hours; what is the threshold hours a person can maintain productivity in a day?
- Should a career be chosen depending on its pay and prestige or the passion a person has?
- Is a university degree a fundamental determinant of success?
- Does grading in the academic sphere spur competitiveness and aggressive performance?
- Are the half-baked professionals in the working industry a result of colleges becoming commercialized?
- Should plagiarism attract penalties and harsh consequences to cultivate creativity in students?
- Does personality determine the image of a person?
- Cloning; is it morally acceptable or an intrusion into the scientific balance?
- Is religion the answer to moral decay in society?
- Abortion; does it count as murder?
- Is animal testing a savage act or a necessity in science?
- Should atheism be recognized as a religion?
- Should prayers become an integral part of the educational process?
- Does death signify the end of human life or is there eternal life after the death?
- Does late parenthood signify disinterest in the value of family?
- Is a rude child a result of failed parenting?
- Does pampering of a child directly impact their ability to be aggressive in standing up for themselves?
- Nurturing talent; are parents supposed to be aggressive in shaping the talent of their children?
- Is there a proper way to discipline a child?
- Prosecution in a foreign country; should it be encouraged as a form of guaranteeing accountability on the part of foreigners?
- Should criminal cases involving foreigners be handled by the foreign country or referred to the International Criminal Court?
- Should smoking be banned?
- Broadcasting of court proceedings and its effect on public opinion; should it be encouraged anyway?
- Capital punishment; should it count as the standard level of justice?
- Terrorism; are the superpowers doing enough to combat it?
- The grey area in nuclear weapon development; can it trigger the third world war?
- Should Iraq and Somalia be classified as rogue failed states?
- Is there middle ground for Israel and Palestine?
- Can Pacifism be regarded as the way to peace or is it a fantasy?
SOCIAL MEDIA & THE INTERNET
- Should parents regulate social media activity for their children?
- Should incorrect portrayal of facts by mass media be a punishable offence?
- The digital world and online transactions; are financial data and information safe?
- Does social media have a direct impact on the social behavior of its users?
- Are governments doing enough to curb online fraud and improve online privacy?
- Should politics be considered a professional career?
- Courts decisions and laws; does the government have an influence?
- Should democracy be considered the only way to govern?
If you can not choose the most appropriate topic for your essay or feel you need assistance with essay writing place on order and our professionals will write a winning paper for you.