Top 10 Cause and Effect Essay TopicsUpdated: Jan 31, 2017
The list of top 10 winning topics for cause and effect essays will definitely help you in writing a great cause and effect essay!
What Is a Cause and Effect Essay?
A cause and effect essay is a type of essay that is written or edited with an objective of explaining why things happen (causes) and what are the consequences (effects) that result from the happening of that event or situation. A cause and effect essay outline is usually structured according to the 5-paragraph essay format with an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion. If you are looking for cause and effect essay examples here is the best one.
Top 10 Cause and Effect Essay Topics
When working on a cause and effect essay, the student must consider a topic or event that can be dissected according to its causes and effects. It should also be one that directly pertains to the course in which the assignment is given.
TOPIC 1. Success
- Causes of Success: Diligence; talent or intelligence; high level of education; networking; making good, intelligent choices in life.
- Effects of Success: Wealth, a potential increase in one’s quality of life; happiness; fulfillment.
TOPIC 2. The Consumer’s Mistrust in a Brand
- Causes of Consumer’s Mistrust in a Brand: Bad experience with a brand’s product or service; a consumer not liking what a brand stands for.
- Effects of Consumer’s Mistrust in a Brand: Consumer abandons mistrusted product and uses another brand’s products or services; consumer shares their mistrust with other consumers.
TOPIC 3. Poverty
- Causes of Poverty: Low job marketability due to a lack of education; bad life choices, like a bad business investment.
- Effects of Poverty: More poverty, as in one’s posterity and beyond; low quality of life; high risk for mental illness and incarceration.
TOPIC 4. Racism
- Causes of Racism: Racist upbringing, as in one’s parents and legal guardians; prejudice and hatred due to one’s lack of education, experience, or ignorance.
- Effects of Racism: Lack of trust between people of different racial groups; violence; narrow-mindedness.
TOPIC 5. American Inclusion in World War II
- Causes of American Inclusion in World War II: Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor; England and France’s need for assistance against Axis Powers.
- Effects of American Inclusion in World War II: Helped defeat Axis Powers, and helped restore order in the world.
TOPIC 6. Prohibition
- Causes of Prohibition: The prevention by the law of the manufacture and sale of alcohol in the US between 1920 and 1933.
- Effects of Prohibition: Criminals (bootleggers, Illegal nightclub owners, etc.) obtaining enormous wealth; a definite increase in criminal activity.
TOPIC 7. American Revolutionary War
- Causes of the American Revolutionary War: Boston Tea Party – the American colonists protesting England’s overreaching hands in the colony’s affairs, and because the colonists were not provided government representation.
- Effects of the American Revolutionary War: American independence from Great Britain, becoming a nation of its own governing body.
TOPIC 8. Great Depression
- Causes of the Great Depression: the Stock market crash of 1929.
- Effects of the Great Depression: Widespread poverty and hardship; corruption, an increase in criminal activity.
TOPIC 9. Physical Illness
- Causes of Physical Illness: Unhealthy lifestyle; genetic predisposition bequeathed by one’s progeny.
- Effects of Physical Illness: Low quality of life; crime and poverty; and an increase in the likelihood of premature death.
TOPIC 10. Pollution
- Causes of Pollution: Ozone depletion; littering; not recycling, reusing, reducing.
- Effects of Pollution: Dramatic weather change; increase in natural disasters.
In case you need a cause and effect essay help feel free to contact our support team for additional assistance. Our professional writers are happy to assist you with any cause and effect project that you need to be written. Just place an order and get a professionally written essay in time.